Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Advice to Parents

In my last blog entry, Kathryn asked a question.

I copied my answer to make a new blog post, in case you wanted to know the answer too.

Here it is:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have any advice for parents of adopted children?

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for your kind comments.

You asked a good question.


I think to be a good parent, you need to like what your child likes. For example, you should like the country they come from. If you don't like their country, you will probably not like them either.


I think it's also important to adopt a different age then the other children in your home. That is especially important to girls.


You need to listen to your children!


And if their parents have died, you need to understand that they don't think like other children. You need to let them tell all their stories. And sometimes they just want to be alone, you should let them have some time by themselves.


I also think you should not be really bossy because a lot of kids like me have never had any rules and they don't understand. And instead of punishing them, try to understand them more.


And PLEASE never,ever mention about running away!


Then you will have a great and wonderful family and you will
all live happily ever after
. =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment